- Team scores are calculated by adding together points from riders on the same team. This must be the team on your racing license - sorry, no special week-long combines.
- There is no maximum number of riders per team who may score points. Likewise, there's no minimum - a single rider without teammates will still score team points and is eligible to win the team series.
- Teams and individuals must race at Fitchburg - the final race of the series - to be eligible for points and prizes.
- Team series ties are broken by the team who scores more points at Fitchburg. If still tied, the team with the rider with the highest finishing place at Fitchburg wins.
- Individual series ties are broken by the rider with the highest finishing place at Fitchburg.
- In order to be eligible for series points and prizes, individual leaders must race in the series leaders jersey and teams must race in the team series leaders socks.
- Any other disputes will be decided by the series organizer.
There are two sprint laps per race, points are three deep. These primes will be for points only.
These points are added to the overall point calculation.
Sprints will occur at 1/3 and 2/3 of the way through the race. Once the laps are calculated, the sprint laps will be announced to the fields.
15 deep for both men and women's elite fields:
- $300, paying three deep, for top three male and female individual racers.
- $200, single place prize, for top male and female team.
Points are awarded in the elite fields of each race. So, if a race has a Men Pro/1/2 field and Men 3/4 field, Verge Sport points are awarded in the Men Pro/1/2 race.
The New England Crit Week leader's jersey will be awarded at the conclusion of each event at a separate podium ceremony only for the series leader (not a podium for the top three in the series).
A three-person podium for the series and winning team recognition will occur after the final race at the Longsjo Classic Fitchburg Criterium.
series results updates
Updates to the series will be available the morning following the event, available on this site and published on various social media platforms.
Please use #necritweek in social media posts regarding New England Crit Week.